Implementation Field Tech
Chicago, IL, USA
Cohesion is a leading Intelligent Buildings software solution that is disrupting how buildings operate and how people engage with buildings – from real estate owners/investors, operators, building engineers, to tenants and visitors. Our cutting-edge converged IoT-enabled platform brings together building systems, building software, and business applications into a single portal for on web and mobile platforms to forge the path to autonomous buildings.
We have an outstanding opportunity for an Implementation Field Tech in Chicago. This person will install and configure our intelligent building solutions within our clients’ commercial office buildings. Specifically, you will be setting up beacons and various other types of IoT sensors at key positions in each building so that building management can monitor all operational aspects and for building occupants can enjoy touch-free entry and elevator access.
What You'll Do
• Configuring & ranging 3rd party hardware (sensors & beacons) & network devices for use in commercial office buildings
• Read building floor plans & walk-thru buildings to identify optimal sensor & beacon placement
• Map all placements of beacons and sensors to our proprietary software
• Work closely with building maintenance & engineering team to ensure hardware is installed correctly
• Train colleagues and building maintenance team on how to effectively use/monitor system components
• Installing/configuring Cohesion network devices within the building’s network panel and configure VLAN
• Create & run test scripts to ensure all technology working/communicating property with our internal systems and with building equipment such as security card readers & elevators
• Track progress within our project management tool
• Prior experiences installing technical devices as well as diagnosing, researching, & resolving technical issues
• Strong knowledge of various networking & wireless technologies.
• Has or is working toward a certification/degree in information Systems, Computer Science, HVAC, or related field
• Knowledge of components within a network closet and comfortable installing devices within
• Ability to explain technical problems in layman's terms
• Courteous & professional demeanor - A must have when working in client facilities
• Strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills
• Ability to understand and brainstorm creative solutions to complex problems
• Strong time management skills and work productively with minimal supervision
What You Can Expect From Cohesion
Cohesion is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible, full-time employees in the United States. Our benefits are designed to invest in our employees— and their family’s —well-being, including investments in their health, happiness, and well-being.
• Receiving a competitive compensation package, including bonus, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401k match
• Receiving a monthly cell phone reimbursement
• Comprehensive wellness reimbursement program (eligible after 6 months of employment)
• Enjoying a responsible unlimited PTO program to help employees maintain work-life balance
• 2-way flexibility of work schedules
• Dressing for your day
• Enjoying family leave benefits
At Cohesion, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse thought and practice. Individuals seeking employment at Cohesion are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.