Chicago, IL, USA
Cohesion is a leading Intelligent Buildings software solution that is disrupting how buildings operate and how people engage with buildings – from real estate owners, operators, building engineers, to tenants and visitors. Our cutting-edge converged IoT-enabled platform brings together building systems, building software, and business applications into a single portal on web and mobile platforms to forge the path to autonomous buildings.
The Executive Assistant plays a crucial role in the efficiency and effectiveness of the executive office. Supporting the CEO and leadership team, this person is an integral position in the overall operations of the company.
The primary goals of the Executive Assistant are to ensure the CEO is always at her optimal efficiency. You will maximize her time and impact internally and externally by managing her calendar, organizing her briefings and materials and messaging across the leadership team on her behalf. This person will serve alongside the CEO in all aspects of the company’s functions in order to ensure seamless operations of her daily schedule. This position will report directly to the CEO.
What You'll Do
• Provide real-time and forward-thinking calendar management for the CEO. Prioritize inquiries and demands for her time and constantly be looking ahead to opportunities to create efficiencies and avoid conflicts.
• Make arrangements to ensure all details of travel, reservations, bookings are taken care of in advance and well documented.
• Act as a liaison to other members of the leadership team on the CEO’s behalf to ensure each department is organized in advance and aware of what is expected of them.
• Prepare materials for the CEO’s meetings and allow for review time for her and those involved on a variety of areas of the business.
• Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to be her most effective. This may include assisting with special projects, conducting research, composing emails and correspondence, maintaining contact lists, completing expense reports etc.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for all internal and external audiences on all matters pertaining to the CEO, knowing what and when to prioritize items for her attention and what you can take off her plate.
• Coordinate all meetings for the leadership team, all staff and across departments.
• Manage the CEO’s physical office to maintain upkeep and supplies and keep all devices functioning properly.
• Provide hospitality to the CEO’s guests.
• Support company events and cultural activities as necessary.
• Other projects as assigned.
• 2-5 years of experience in a fast-paced startup environment
• Previous experience supporting executive leadership is preferred
• Highly organized and detail-oriented who can operate independently and take initiative with little direction
• Interest in the technology and real estate industries
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
What You Can Expect From Cohesion
Cohesion is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible, full-time employees in the United States. Our benefits are designed to invest in our employees— and their family’s —well-being, including investments in their health, happiness, and well-being.
• Receiving a competitive compensation package, including bonus, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401k match
• Receiving a monthly cell phone reimbursement
• Comprehensive wellness reimbursement program (eligible after 6 months of employment)
• Enjoying a responsible unlimited PTO program to help employees maintain work-life balance after 3 months of employment
• 2-way flexibility of work schedules
• Dressing for your day
• Enjoying family leave benefits
At Cohesion, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse thought and practice. Individuals seeking employment at Cohesion are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.