Chicago, IL, USA
Cohesion is a leading Intelligent Buildings software solution that is disrupting how buildings operate and how people engage with buildings – from real estate owners/investors, operators, building engineers, to tenants and visitors. Our cutting-edge converged IoT-enabled platform brings together building systems, building software, and business applications into a single portal for on web and mobile platforms to forge the path to autonomous buildings.
We are searching for an API Engineer to join our rapidly growing team in our Chicago office. This role will report to the VP of Engineering. The API Engineer will work alongside architects and other software engineers to develop and expand the company’s API capabilities and integrations. The right candidate will enjoy solving difficult and novel problems with the leadership and technical skills to build and maintain critical integrations.
What You'll Do
• Build custom integrations between the cohesion platform and building infrastructure and assets to provide a seamless customer experience.
• Support API delivery end to end over the entire lifecycle which includes planning, design, development, testing, and delivery of APIs.
• Design and develop API specifications.
• Implement common APIs based on architecture guidelines and framework related to logging, authentication, security, and error recovery.
• Assist testers and support teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues related to the API platform, API accessibility, and API deployments.
• Ensure API documentation is created and remains up to date.
• Create and build deployment pipelines for APIs using appropriate tools to implement continuous integration and continuous deployment.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements, including automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, designing infrastructure for scalability and maintainability, and optimizing delivery for speed and quality.
• Write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of the team’s customers.
• Knowledge of API integrations, design standards, patterns, and best practices.
• Knowledge of API gateway and API management
• Minimum of 5 years of overall related experience.
• Bachelor’s level education or higher in computer science, information technology, or related field.
• Experience working in a global team.
• Position requires flexibility to work outside of non-traditional business hours as required to perform job duties
• Production experience running applications at scale on a cloud platform.
• Proficiency with data analytics, visualization tools, and collaboration tools.
• Knowledge of and experience with the software development life cycle.
• Experience building continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
• Strong conceptual, strategic thinking, problem solving, technical, and analytical skills.
• Experience with the following technology concepts:
Expert in RESTful, GraphQL, and other APIs
API testing tools
Designing and building microservice based architectures
Security schemes best practices
• Experience with the following tools:
Experienced in .NET core
Understanding of Nodejs, Elixir, Scala
Experienced in SQL server (Azure preferred)
Understanding of Postman / C#
• Relevant industry experience.
• Graduate level education in computer science, information technology, or related field.
• Understanding of the IoT domain.
• Understanding of Database: CosmosDB, Postgres, Timescale, Neo4J
• Experience with BAS and BMS systems.
• Experience in the Real Estate industry.
• Strong understanding of Agile development processes.
• Early-stage startup experience.
What You Can Expect From Cohesion
Cohesion is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible, full-time employees in the United States. Our benefits are designed to invest in our employees— and their family’s —well-being, including investments in their health, happiness, and well-being.
• Receiving a competitive compensation package, including bonus, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401k match
• Receiving a monthly cell phone reimbursement
• Comprehensive wellness stipend program (eligible after 6 months of employment)
• Enjoying a responsible unlimited PTO program to help employees maintain work-life balance after 3 months of employment
• 2-way flexibility of work schedules
• Dressing for your day
• Working in an open environment with creative optional brainstorming sessions for all employees
• Participating in one all-employee lunch per month and one all-employee breakfast per month
• Enjoying family leave benefits
At Cohesion, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse thought and practice. Individuals seeking employment at Cohesion are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.